Day 35 – Stone Town to Zebra campsite

We left Stone Town early this morning to catch the ferry back to Dar Es Salaam. The air conditioning was nice on the way to Zanzibar, but this early in the morning it was very cold. I tried my best not to complain to myself because I knew how hot and humid it would be as soon as I walked out the door.
Back in Dar Es Salaam we were picked up by C and headed out of the city. We arrived at Zebra campsite around 5 in the afternoon. This is not the campsite we were meant to stay at according to the itinerary, it is one the tour used to stop at before it was changed. The view was beautiful, the campsite left something to be desired. The toilets were squats and didn’t flush properly and there were tons of mosquitos. As the weather in general has been cooling off somewhat since we left Botswana (with the exception of Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar) I didn’t feel sweaty enough to shower and risk the mozzie bites.

Comments